Water Pressure

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water Pressure

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am renting a 30+ year old house and one of my biggest concerns about this fixer upper is that there is very little water pressure–especially in the master bedroom shower. Its so weak it takes about twice as long to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. What, if anything, can be done to improve whatever this problem is? NOTE: I am not using water saving shower heads. The kitchen and second bath have good pressure, its just the shower heads… Thanks.

Participant

: I am renting a 30+ year old house and one of my biggest concerns about this fixer upper is that there is very little water pressure–especially in the master bedroom : shower. Its so weak it takes about twice as long to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. What, if anything, can be done to improve whatever this problem is? NOTE: I am not using water : saving shower heads. The kitchen and second bath have good pressure, its just the shower heads… : Thanks. remove the shower head to see if you get a stronger flow of water. It is not unusual for the ports in the hear to get cloged with rust. If this doesnt help, you could possibly have trash lodged in the valve body, or the water lines serving the shower may be galvinize pipping, which, over a period of time, become clogged with rust. It this is the case, you may need to contact a reputable plumbing company to replace these pipes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This