Bang, Bang, rattle, rattle

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Bang, Bang, rattle, rattle

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Whenever I flush the toilet the pipes rattle and vibrate. How do I correct this problem?

Participant

: Whenever I flush the toilet the pipes rattle and : vibrate. How do I correct this problem?Could be a loose washer on the end of the piston that shuts the water off. As the tank foat comes up, the piston moves downward. Disconnect the linkage (being certain the water is shut off to the toilet), remove the piston and check the washer on the end of it. A loose screw on a piston such as this causes water hammer.

Participant

: : Whenever I flush the toilet the pipes rattle and : : vibrate. How do I correct this problem?: Could be a loose washer on the end of the piston that shuts the water off. As the tank foat comes up, the piston moves downward. Disconnect the linkage (being certain the water is shut off to the toilet), remove the piston and check the washer on the end of it. A loose screw on a piston such as this causes water hammer.water used in the house or outside, whenever the water is turned off, hot or cold, a pipe rattles. Why?

Participant

water used indoors or out, whenever I turn off the water, a pipe rattles. Why?

Participant

: water used indoors or out, whenever I turn off the water, a pipe rattles. Why?Put this self same problem to a friend of mine who just saidPiston broke So am I says I and the problem was cured the very next day.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This