“Running” Toilet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives “Running” Toilet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

How do I get my toilet to stop running? It is not just the kind of running that you can stop by jiggling the handle. It seems to be inside the tank. I have tried to pull up on the ball in the tank and it stops while I am holding it up, but when I let it go it starts running again. Plaese help!!

Participant

: How do I get my toilet to stop running? It is not just the kind of running that you can stop by jiggling the handle. It seems to be inside the tank. I have tried to pull up on the ball in the tank and it stops while I am holding it up, but when I let it go it starts running again. Plaese help!!There is usually a little screw on top of the valve you can adjust to make the ball pop shut when the water is high enough, I have also had success by bending the brass arm that the ball hangs upon. Bend the bar so the ball is lower than it is right now. Those are work arounds you might need to just buy a new valve for a longer term solution.Jon Schreiber

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This