Water Hammer

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water Hammer

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Ive lived in my house for over 11 years. All of a sudden Im starting to get a water hammer. There have been no recent changes to any of the plumbing in the house other than a new flush valve in the guest bathroom. Any thoughts on what would cause water hammer to suddenly start after all of these years and what I can do about it? Thanks, Dick…

Participant

See noisy pipes listed below

Participant

: Ive lived in my house for over 11 years. All of a sudden Im starting to get a water hammer. There have been no recent changes to any of the plumbing in the house other than a new flush valve in the guest bathroom. Any thoughts on what would cause water hammer to suddenly start after all of these years and what I can do about it? Thanks, Dick… Any quick closing device on your water system is subject to cause a watre hammer. This can be caused by your washing machine, ice maker, or a quick closing ballcock, which refills the water in the toilet tank. If the new flushing system you installed is what refills the water in the tank, check to see if it is closed gradually by a float ball; if not, it may be a quick closing ballcock.

Participant

: : Ive lived in my house for over 11 years. All of a sudden Im starting to get a water hammer. There have been no recent changes to any of the plumbing in the house other than a new flush valve in the guest bathroom. Any thoughts on what would cause water hammer to suddenly start after all of these years and what I can do about it? Thanks, Dick… : Any quick closing device on your water system is subject to cause a watre hammer. This can be caused by your washing machine, ice maker, or a quick closing ballcock, which refills the water in the toilet tank. If the new flushing system you installed is what refills the water in the tank, check to see if it is closed gradually by a float ball; if not, it may be a quick closing ballcock.

Participant

: Ive lived in my house for over 11 years. All of a sudden Im starting to get a water hammer. There have been no recent changes to any of the plumbing in the house other than a new flush valve in the guest bathroom. Any thoughts on what would cause water hammer to suddenly start after all of these years and what I can do about it? Thanks, Dick…Dick Turn all you water on everywhere…It stops the hammer.

Participant

: : Ive lived in my house for over 11 years. All of a sudden Im starting to get a water hammer. There have been no recent changes to any of the plumbing in the house other than a new flush valve in the guest bathroom. Any thoughts on what would cause water hammer to suddenly start after all of these years and what I can do about it? Thanks, Dick… : Any quick closing device on your water system is subject to cause a watre hammer. This can be caused by your washing machine, ice maker, or a quick closing ballcock, which refills the water in the toilet tank. If the new flushing system you installed is what refills the water in the tank, check to see if it is closed gradually by a float ball; if not, it may be a quick closing ballcock.do you Knwo wear can I find a web seiet on water

Participant

: An hour into New Years day I had no hot water! The heater is electric-what could be the problem?It sounds to me like the upper thermostat has gone bad. There is a trouble shooting guide on my website that you might want to look at.Bill

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This