Noisy PIpes?

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Noisy PIpes?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Soon after flushing the toilet I hear a sort of rattle- rumble sound coming from the wall where I assume the pipe is located. The house is about 26 years old and Im not sure what kind of pipes I have. this wall is located opposite the toilet.} Could you give me some idea of what this might be ? Sean

Participant

: Soon after flushing the toilet I hear a sort of rattle- rumble sound coming from the wall where I assume the pipe is located. The house is about 26 years old and Im not sure what kind of pipes I have. this wall is located opposite the toilet.} Could you give me some idea of what this might be ? SeanMy new steam boiler has an automatic value that fills the unit if needed. It bangs very hard when it shuts off. I think we have the same problem. Help!

Participant

: Soon after flushing the toilet I hear a sort of rattle- rumble sound coming from the wall where I assume the pipe is located. The house is about 26 years old and Im not sure what kind of pipes I have. this wall is located opposite the toilet.} Could you give me some idea of what this might be ? SeanIn some case, Ive found that the washer on the water supply, which serves the toilet has gotten lose. As the water flows past this valve to the toile, the washer flutters, causing such a noise. Be sure to shut off youe water sully to the house before you decide to take take this valve apart. Good Luck.

Participant

: : Soon after flushing the toilet I hear a sort of rattle- rumble sound coming from the wall where I assume the pipe is located. The house is about 26 years old and Im not sure what kind of pipes I have. this wall is located opposite the toilet.} Could you give me some idea of what this might be ? Sean: My new steam boiler has an automatic value that fills the unit if needed. : It bangs very hard when it shuts off. I think we have the same problem. Help!Any quick closing valve will cause a water hammer. You my want to install a machanical shock arrestor near your boiler suppy. This should solve your problem.

Participant

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY

Participant

: : : Soon after flushing the toilet I hear a sort of rattle- rumble sound coming from the wall where I assume the pipe is located. The house is about 26 years old and Im not sure what kind of pipes I have. this wall is located opposite the toilet.} Could you give me some idea of what this might be ? Sean: : My new steam boiler has an automatic value that fills the unit if needed. : : It bangs very hard when it shuts off. I think we have the same problem. Help!: Any quick closing valve will cause a water hammer. You my want to install a machanical shock arrestor near your boiler suppy. This should solve your problem.

Participant

Our house is about 50 years old,during the day I never notice any noise but at night the noise is really bad,especially if you flush the toilet or run the taps (hot or cold). Please Help

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This