Air in water pipes

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Air in water pipes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My home water pipes seem to have air in them which causes a water hammer type pounding noise when I turn the faucet on. Does anyone know if there is anything I can try on my own before investing in special hardware to solve the problem.Thanks.

Participant

: My home water pipes seem to have air in them which : causes a water hammer type pounding noise when I : turn the faucet on. Does anyone know if there is : anything I can try on my own before investing in : special hardware to solve the problem.: Thanks.Check for any lose pipes. Anchor these in such a manner that they will not rattle.

Participant

: : My home water pipes seem to have air in them which : : causes a water hammer type pounding noise when I : : turn the faucet on. Does anyone know if there is : : anything I can try on my own before investing in : : special hardware to solve the problem.: : Thanks.: Check for any lose pipes. Anchor these in such a manner that they will not rattle.There are small cylinder valve that can be put in the line before the noise. These valves can be found at HQ or Builders Sq. for a couple of bucks. They come in two versions: one is sweated onto a 1/2 line, the other is threaded onto washing mach. lines…

Participant

: : My home water pipes seem to have air in them which : : causes a water hammer type pounding noise when I : : turn the faucet on. Does anyone know if there is : : anything I can try on my own before investing in : : special hardware to solve the problem.: : Thanks.: Check for any lose pipes. Anchor these in such a manner that they will not rattle.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This