Plumbing psi within a residence

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Plumbing psi within a residence

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I recently purchased a house that has a pressure reducing valve just after the water meter. Above it is a pressure guage whos range is 0 to 120psi. What should this be read- ing? Also Ive noticed that when the hot water tank fires up, this pressure guage goes way past 120psi. Is this normal and could it damage something?

Participant

: I recently purchased a house that has a pressure reducing : valve just after the water meter. Above it is a pressure : guage whos range is 0 to 120psi. What should this be read- : ing? Also Ive noticed that when the hot water tank fires : up, this pressure guage goes way past 120psi. Is this normal : and could it damage something?The house pressure should be fine at around 50 to 60 psi. As for the pressure increasing when the water heater fires this is a potentially dangerous situation best left to a qualified plumbing contractor. There are several rather easy and relativly inexpensive ways to correct this problem but with out seeing your home I can not tell you what is the best way to correct this….KG

Participant

Our home is three years old and recently we have began to have problems with our water pressure; but only with certain faucets. The pressure to the house is o.k.(per the city) but our shower upstairs and down is not and neither is the kitchen sick. The washer and dish washer seems fine. The downstairs bath tub is also o.k. (separate from the shower). Can anyone give me an idea what the problem might be??

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This