Defective ABS pipe

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Defective ABS pipe

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe that was made in a defective manner so as to break easily after installation. I believe one of the companies names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in the construction is of the defective variety. Although there are no problems now the homeowner is bringing suit now just in case. I was hoping that someone here might also have heard of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here could give me(us) more info on the situation. My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still has a well established business to plumb the homes 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. Any help would be great!! And keep up the great source of info and resources that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ renters and plumbing pros! James [email protected]

Participant

: Hi, : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : the construction is of the defective variety. : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : is bringing suit now just in case. : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : has a well established business to plumb the homes : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : Any help would be great!! : And keep up the great source of info and resources : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : renters and plumbing pros! : James : [email protected],I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know if you find out anything. We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….KG

Participant

I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one defective piece within a year after installation, which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks right at the junction with a fitting, even though there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. It simply seeps water through the cracks.Any further information would be greatly appreciated. Im not looking forward to having to pay to have it all replaced.Bob Plantz : : Hi, : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : Any help would be great!! : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : renters and plumbing pros! : : James : : [email protected]: James,: I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : if you find out anything. : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: KG

Participant

We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..David: I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : defective piece within a year after installation, : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : it all replaced.: Bob Plantz : : : Hi, : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : Any help would be great!! : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : James : : : [email protected]: : James,: : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : if you find out anything. : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : KG

Participant

: We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: David: : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : it all replaced.: : Bob Plantz : : : : Hi, : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : James : : : : [email protected]: : : James,: : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : if you find out anything. : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : KG

Participant

: We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: David: : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : it all replaced.: : Bob Plantz : : : : Hi, : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : James : : : : [email protected]: : : James,: : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : if you find out anything. : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : KG

Participant

Had my 4 plex rental building for 10 years now and have spent much time, money and frustration on repairing the polybutylen pipe. It springs a leak right through the sidewall for no aparrent reason and has soaked the flooring and ruined th e wood under practically half the building because of an ongoing, unrecognized small spraying leak that lasted several years. I m in for spending some big bucks now and I just find out this month the lawsuit may have already expired. any suggestions? Help. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: David: : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS orm: Bob Plantz: : : : First I wish to say what a neI j : : : easily after installatioell, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : homeowner whlaim is that the abs pipe used in: iseing contractor who still : : : : has a well established busine : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a blem with certain : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : James : : : : [email protected]: : : James,: : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : if you find out anything. : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : KG

Participant

: : , : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : Any help would be great!! : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : renters and plumbing pros! : : James : : [email protected]: James,: I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : if you find out anything. : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: KGMessage from john!A few manufacturers have produced defective ABS piping. I am familiar with a few brands of pipe. Im not sure where you are located – I live in california. Check the name and date stamp on the ABS piping. If the pipe is made by PHEONIX – its all bad. If teh pipe was made by CENTAUR – look at the four letter code, if it starts with SE to SK than its bad pipe. Gable Plasitcs, Polaris, and Apache plastics extruded potentiall bad pipe between the first half of the year in 1985.If you would like additional informaion, please flle free to E-mail me.John

Participant

:John…..et all…..is it true that all of the ABS carrying the name PHOENIX is deemed to be bad?? Let me know. Thanks!Bob Guyer: : : , : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : Any help would be great!! : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : James : : : [email protected]: : James,: : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : if you find out anything. : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : KG: : Message from john!: A few manufacturers have produced defective ABS piping. I am familiar with a few brands of pipe. Im not sure where you are located – I live in california. Check the name and date stamp on the ABS piping. If the pipe is made by PHEONIX – its all bad. If teh pipe was made by CENTAUR – look at the four letter code, if it starts with SE to SK than its bad pipe. Gable Plasitcs, Polaris, and Apache plastics extruded potentiall bad pipe between the first half of the year in 1985.: If you would like additional informaion, please flle free to E-mail me.: John

Participant

I recently went under my house to investigate a long-standing oder only to find an 18 section of 2 ABS pipe leading from the kitchen sink had broken cleanly right at both ends where it joins couplings.Upon investigation I heard rumors of bad glue and bad ABS pipe. I found this web site and will use this information to try to determine if my pipes are to blame.I am the second owner of the house. The string of notes here scares me and Im wondering where I can get legal assistance on this issue. Im in Sacramento California. Ive found three breaks so far and can only assume more are on the way as my house is 10 years old and seems to match the situation others are running into.Any help would be appreciated to determine: Can I determine if my house has defective pipes based on manufacturer name and lot IDs? Is there any pending legal action that I should know about and possibly participate in? Name(s) of any lawyers already involved in this situation that I can contact. Thanks for any help you can provide. Peter Morgan (916) 987-7474

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : David: : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : it all replaced.: : : Bob Plantz : : : : : Hi, : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : James : : : : : [email protected]: : : : James,: : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : KG

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

: We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: David: : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : it all replaced.: : Bob Plantz : : : : Hi, : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : James : : : : [email protected]: : : James,: : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : if you find out anything. : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : KGGo to David Birka-White, the Alamo, Calif., attorney who leads six class-action suits in this area and has recovered $25 million. His site is http://www.berding-weil.com/Birka.htm. Berding-Weil is name of firm, area code 925

Participant

: Had my 4 plex rental building for 10 years now and have spent much time, money and frustration on repairing the polybutylen pipe. It springs a leak right through the sidewall for no aparrent reason and has soaked the flooring and ruined th e wood under practically half the building because of an ongoing, unrecognized small spraying leak that lasted several years. I m in for spending some big bucks now and I just find out this month the lawsuit may have already expired. any suggestions? Help. : Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : David: : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : orm: Bob Plantz: : : : First I wish to say what a neI j : : : easily after installatioell, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : homeowner whlaim is that the abs pipe used in: iseing contractor who still : : : : : has a well established busine : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a blem with certain : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : James : : : : : [email protected]: : : : James,: : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : KGGo to lawyer who leads six class action suits, David Birka-White of Alamo, Calif., area code 925, website http://www.berding-weil.com/Birka.htm

Participant

: We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : David: : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : it all replaced.: : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : James : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : James,: : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : KG :::::::::Someone out there must know about this, about three years ago I had recieved info on a class action suit over bursting plastic pipes used in mobile homes. Being kind of anti-lawyer, who seem to be the only ones benefitting from this type of suit, and having not had any problems with my pipes to that point-into the trash it went, 2-3 years and 3 broken pipes later Im kicking myself. Any news of this suit would be greatly appreciated.

Participant

Hi,I am about to purchase a house that was built in 1977 in Houston, Texas. The inspector told me that the house has abs (black) pipes and that there have been many problems with abs in the past. Ive talked with one contractor and he said he hasnt had any problems with abs, but he doesnt use them often because abs is more expensive than pvc. The only article that I have read on the matter talks about abs manufactured from 1984 on. Can anyone tell me what I need to look for , if I should worry, where to look for more information? ANy response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Will ([email protected]) June 7, 1998.

Participant

You may want to call up http://www.abspipes.com/. This is a very informative site that gives exact manufacturers and lot numbers of pipes. If your house was built in 1977, you probably dont have anything to worry about… : Hi,: I am about to purchase a house that was built in 1977 in Houston, Texas. The : inspector told me that the house has abs (black) pipes and that there have : been many problems with abs in the past. Ive talked with one contractor and : he said he hasnt had any problems with abs, but he doesnt use them often because : abs is more expensive than pvc. The only article that I have read on the matter : talks about abs manufactured from 1984 on. Can anyone tell me what I need to look for : , if I should worry, where to look for more information? ANy response would be greatly : appreciated. Thanks. Will ([email protected]) June 7, 1998.

Participant

: I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : defective piece within a year after installation, : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : it all replaced.: Bob Plantz : : : Hi, : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : Any help would be great!! : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : James : : : [email protected]: : James,: : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : if you find out anything. : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : KGNew report 7/21/98 We have had the same 2 ABS pipe failure on a condo built 1986 and have had 5 breaks. The manufacturer is Phoenix and they are breaks at a fitting. One of the pipes removed has Phoenix 2 ABS. DWVMAT L. ASTM 266LDIM printed on it. Does anyone know of any Class Action lawsuits?R. L. DuPree

Participant

CHECK OUT THE WEB SITEwww.abspipes.com

Participant

: I recently went under my house to investigate a long-standing oder only to find an 18 section of 2 ABS pipe leading from the kitchen sink had broken cleanly right at both ends where it joins couplings.: Upon investigation I heard rumors of bad glue and bad ABS pipe. I found this web site and will use this information to try to determine if my pipes are to blame.: I am the second owner of the house. The string of notes here scares me and Im wondering where I can get legal assistance on this issue. Im in Sacramento California. Ive found three breaks so far and can only assume more are on the way as my house is 10 years old and seems to match the situation others are running into.: Any help would be appreciated to determine: : Can I determine if my house has defective pipes based on manufacturer name and lot IDs? : Is there any pending legal action that I should know about and possibly participate in? : Name(s) of any lawyers already involved in this situation that I can contact. : Thanks for any help you can provide. : Peter Morgan : (916) 987-7474CHECK OUT http://www.abspipes.com

Participant

: : : We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: : I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : : David: : : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : : it all replaced.: : : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : : James : : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : : James,: : : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : : KG : :::::::::Someone out there must know about this, about three years ago I had recieved info on a class action suit over bursting plastic pipes used in mobile homes. Being kind of anti-lawyer, who seem to be the only ones benefitting from this type of suit, and having not had any problems with my pipes to that point-into the trash it went, 2-3 years and 3 broken pipes later Im kicking myself. Any news of this suit would be greatly appreciated.Hi, we are having the same problem with our mobilehome and we have talked to people who had their grey pipe replaced by the mh manufacturer. We are now in the process of trying to find out how to contact our manufacturer. Anyone every heard of Cameo Mobile Homes? Thanks!

Participant

: : : : , : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : Any help would be great!! : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : James : : : [email protected]: : James,: : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : if you find out anything. : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : KG: : Message from john!: A few manufacturers have produced defective ABS piping. I am familiar with a few brands of pipe. Im not sure where you are located – I live in california. Check the name and date stamp on the ABS piping. If the pipe is made by PHEONIX – its all bad. If teh pipe was made by CENTAUR – look at the four letter code, if it starts with SE to SK than its bad pipe. Gable Plasitcs, Polaris, and Apache plastics extruded potentiall bad pipe between the first half of the year in 1985.: If you would like additional informaion, please flle free to E-mail me.: John

Participant

check out http://www.abspipes.com you will find out everything you need to know. By the way the poly class action is based on a 10 year sliding scale, meaning (Today 10/16/98) if your home had poly installed or was manufactured w/ poly from 10/16/88 then you would still qualify for a replacement & possible compensation for current. Have another look at http://www.kinsella.com to see a list of current class action lawsuits including polybutylene piping. One thing that is really not stressed or payed very much attention to is the fact that poly was not only installed within many homes, but it has also been used for service lines as well. A services line is simply the line starting at your water meter going (underground) to your home. Keep in mind that this is just a small portion of info that I am familure with so feel free to e-mail me if you or someone you know has any other questions. : : : Had my 4 plex rental building for 10 years now and have spent much time, money and frustration on repairing the polybutylen pipe. It springs a leak right through the sidewall for no aparrent reason and has soaked the flooring and ruined th e wood under practically half the building because of an ongoing, unrecognized small spraying leak that lasted several years. I m in for spending some big bucks now and I just find out this month the lawsuit may have already expired. any suggestions? Help. : : Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : David: : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : orm: Bob Plantz: : : : First I wish to say what a neI j : : : easily after installatioell, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : homeowner whlaim is that the abs pipe used in: iseing contractor who still : : : : : : has a well established busine : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a blem with certain : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : James : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : James,: : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : KG

Participant

I have a 1985 manufactured home with this grey ABS pipe. I have had similar breaks that I not only had to repair but the floor is made of particle board and now i have to replace the entire floors.. I heard on the radio af a pending law suit to recover the cost of replacing existing pipe and make necessary repairs but I cannot find out who to contact… Any information received would be appreciated.Thanks,

Participant

I am considering buying an 13 yr old home with abs pipe (its the defective brand – confirmed by inspection). anyone have any idea on the probability that Ill have the same problems? should I just run from this house while I can?: : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : David: : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : it all replaced.: : : Bob Plantz : : : : : Hi, : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : James : : : : : [email protected]: : : : James,: : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : KG

Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                          Participant

: We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : David: : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : it all replaced.: : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : James : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : James,: : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : KGThere was a class action lawsuit for polybutylene pipe,but the deadline has passed for any more claims.

Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                            Participant

: Hi, my name is Bob Elliott and I have a home in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada. I have just taken out a length of 1.5 ABS drain pipe, drain comes down from the kitchen sink, the piece was about 4 feet long, it has a 3 foot long split in it. It perfectly straight, I guess it didnt split furthur because it was retained at the bottom by a fitting and at the upper end by a 45 deg elbow. The house is ten years old. Pipe is marked MLPC. Probably Maple Leaf Pipe Co., but I can find no records of this Company in Canada. Any comments why this would happen? Bob Elliott July 25/99. : CHECK OUT THE WEB SITE: http://www.abspipes.com

Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                              Participant

: : : : : We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: : : I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : : : David: : : : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : : : it all replaced.: : : : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : : : James : : : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : : : James,: : : : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : : : KG : : :::::::::Someone out there must know about this, about three years ago I had recieved info on a class action suit over bursting plastic pipes used in mobile homes. Being kind of anti-lawyer, who seem to be the only ones benefitting from this type of suit, and having not had any problems with my pipes to that point-into the trash it went, 2-3 years and 3 broken pipes later Im kicking myself. Any news of this suit would be greatly appreciated.: Hi, we are having the same problem with our mobilehome and we have talked to people who had their grey pipe replaced by the mh manufacturer. We are now in the process of trying to find out how to contact our manufacturer. Anyone every heard of Cameo Mobile Homes? Thanks!

Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                Participant

: : : : : We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: : : I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : : : David: : : : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : : : it all replaced.: : : : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : : : James : : : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : : : James,: : : : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : : : KG : : :::::::::Someone out there must know about this, about three years ago I had recieved info on a class action suit over bursting plastic pipes used in mobile homes. Being kind of anti-lawyer, who seem to be the only ones benefitting from this type of suit, and having not had any problems with my pipes to that point-into the trash it went, 2-3 years and 3 broken pipes later Im kicking myself. Any news of this suit would be greatly appreciated.: Hi, we are having the same problem with our mobilehome and we have talked to people who had their grey pipe replaced by the mh manufacturer. We are now in the process of trying to find out how to contact our manufacturer. Anyone every heard of Cameo Mobile Homes? Thanks!

Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                  Participant

:Use Gray pipe instead of grey. There is a great site Im looking into. I have the same problem with my 1990 home. They have turned me down once and Act FAST, the time limit is running out on this money. Bye Sue : I have a 1985 manufactured home with this grey ABS pipe. : I have had similar breaks that I not only had to repair : but the floor is made of particle board and now i : have to replace the entire floors.. I heard on the radio : af a pending law suit to recover the cost of replacing existing : pipe and make necessary repairs but I cannot find out who to : contact… Any information received would be appreciated.: Thanks,

Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                    Participant

: : A class action law suit has been filed against the manufacturers of polybutylene plastic pipe. The # to call for info is: 1-800-876-4698. I just found out about it and plan to file.: : : We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: : : I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : : : David: : : : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : : : it all replaced.: : : : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : : : James : : : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : : : James,: : : : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : : : KG : : :::::::::Someone out there must know about this, about three years ago I had recieved info on a class action suit over bursting plastic pipes used in mobile homes. Being kind of anti-lawyer, who seem to be the only ones benefitting from this type of suit, and having not had any problems with my pipes to that point-into the trash it went, 2-3 years and 3 broken pipes later Im kicking myself. Any news of this suit would be greatly appreciated.: Hi, we are having the same problem with our mobilehome and we have talked to people who had their grey pipe replaced by the mh manufacturer. We are now in the process of trying to find out how to contact our manufacturer. Anyone every heard of Cameo Mobile Homes? Thanks!

Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                      Participant

I HAD ANOTHER PIPE BREAK AND NOW A LARGE PORTION OF MY HOME IS SOGGING WET.I AM NOT PLAYING GAMES ANY MORE.I WILL CALL THEM AGAIN TODAY AND THEN I WILL CALL MY LAWYER.YET I HAVE HAD TWO FRIENDS WITH THE SAME PIPING AND PROBLEMS AND THEY HAD THE REPAIRS COMPLETED WITHIN A FEW WEEKS OF THEIR INITIAL CONTACT WITH THE LITIGATION PEOPLE.: : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. WELL,JAMES,I HAVE HAD A YEAR LONG CAS OUT OF THE COURT IN SAN JOSE CA.FIRST THEY AS YOU TO FILL OUT A FORM LISTING THE PIPES NAME &NUMBER.DID THAT AND MAILED IT IN.IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS I HAVE HAD MORE PIPES BREAK.SO I GET MAILED ANOTHER FORM AND THEY TELL ME TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE DAMAG.DID THAT TO.WELL AT 2 ANM ON THIS DATE 8/17/: I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : if you find out anything. : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: KG

Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                        Participant

: : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : David: : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : it all replaced.: : : Bob Plantz : : : : : Hi, : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : James : : : : : [email protected]: : : : James,: : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : KG: Go to David Birka-White, the Alamo, Calif., attorney who leads six class-action suits in this area and has recovered $25 million. His site is http://www.berding-weil.com/Birka.htm. Berding-Weil is name of firm, area code 925

• #307891
                                                                          Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                          Participant

: We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : David: : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : it all replaced.: : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : James : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : James,: : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : KG We have a mobile home in AZ and have had four leakage problems during last three years. This home as a 1984 model and I recently saw only a part of a TV newscast concerning a class action settlement reguarding mobile homes built during a time frame that includes our home. I had the plumbing replaced in Sep. 1999. Need info. relative to the class action suit and how to seek relief.

• #307961
                                                                            Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                            Participant

: : I have the name and address of a class action suit related to the defective gray ABS pipe. We have had many problems in our own mobile home and our insurance adjustor made me aware of the suit. Heres the address and good luck!!!!!Consumer Plumbing Recovery Center P.O. Box 869006 Plano, TX 75086 : : : : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : : : David: : : : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : : : it all replaced.: : : : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : : : James : : : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : : : James,: : : : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : : : KG : : :::::::::Someone out there must know about this, about three years ago I had recieved info on a class action suit over bursting plastic pipes used in mobile homes. Being kind of anti-lawyer, who seem to be the only ones benefitting from this type of suit, and having not had any problems with my pipes to that point-into the trash it went, 2-3 years and 3 broken pipes later Im kicking myself. Any news of this suit would be greatly appreciated.: Hi, we are having the same problem with our mobilehome and we have talked to people who had their grey pipe replaced by the mh manufacturer. We are now in the process of trying to find out how to contact our manufacturer. Anyone every heard of Cameo Mobile Homes? Thanks!

• #308689
                                                                              Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                              Participant

Is it just mobile homes with the problems? I built a new house in 1995 and the plumbing contractor used grey plastic pipes, but used copper fittings instead of the plastic fittings. What problems can I expect. What are the legal remedies. Just now hearing about potential problems. Thanks for help. David

• #308810
                                                                                Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                                Participant

: We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : David: : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : it all replaced.: : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : James : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : James,: : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : KGI am having the same problem with all of the plumbing in the back of our manufactured home. Small grey pipes breaking at will and leaking whenever they can. I heard that there is a class action lawsuit but havent been able to find it to join in on the claim.

• #309065
                                                                                  Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                                  Participant

• #309460
                                                                                    Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                                    Participant

: : We are having plumbing problems with grey plastic pipes in mobile homes. I am located in Md. We are going to pull the pipes out and replace them, but if there is a recall on these pipes. Did any of you find legal recourse to become part of a class action suit. Is there financial help. One of these mobile homes belongs to my retired father-in-law and the other my young son just starting out. Both properties were purchased second hand from private owners.: : I have never used the internet before, I hope I am doing it right. THANKS! : : : : : : : We have also recently discovered that our 11 year old house was built with Gable and Centaur ABS pipe, both of which are supposedly flawed. If you hear of anything else, Id appreciate any leads on any lawsuits or recourse we may or may not have. Our pipe has broken at least twice – once between the stucco and a cabinet back that probably leaked for a long time. I hope I am done, but I live in a house on a slab and this is not a good thing…..: : : : David: : : : : I discovered a few years ago that the (black) ABS : : : : : pipe used when my house was remodeled in 1985 is : : : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : : it all replaced.: : : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : : James : : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : : James,: : : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside the home….: : : : : : KG: I am having the same problem with all of the plumbing in the back of our manufactured home. Small grey pipes breaking at will and leaking whenever they can. I heard that there is a class action lawsuit but havent been able to find it to join in on the claim.

• #309461
                                                                                      Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                                      Participant

: : : : defective. Only the 2 size — the larger pipe : : : : seems to be okay. Actually, we discovered one : : : : defective piece within a year after installation, : : : : which the plumber replaced. Then a few years ago : : : : I discovered that all the 2 is bad. It breaks : : : : right at the junction with a fitting, even though : : : : there is no stress on it. For example, a vertical : : : : run, about 2 feet long, which drains from the : : : : shower has broken at both ends. I can see that there : : : : is no stress, because the pipe has not pulled apart. : : : : It simply seeps water through the cracks.: : : : Any further information would be greatly appreciated. : : : : Im not looking forward to having to pay to have : : : : it all replaced.: : : : Bob Plantz : : : : : : Hi, : : : : : : First I wish to say what a neat site this is. I just : : : : : : discovered it and I wanted to say how useful I find it.! : : : : : : Now, I remember hearing and seeing reports about : : : : : : a year ago regarding certain brands of black abs pipe : : : : : : that was made in a defective manner so as to break : : : : : : easily after installation. I believe one of the companies : : : : : : names I saw relating to this was Phoenix. : : : : : : Well, my Brother in Law is a general contractor and : : : : : : he suddenly finds himself with a lawsuit from a : : : : : : homeowner who lives in a home my In-Law built 10 : : : : : : years ago. The claim is that the abs pipe used in : : : : : : the construction is of the defective variety. : : : : : : Although there are no problems now the homeowner : : : : : : is bringing suit now just in case. : : : : : : I was hoping that someone here might also have heard : : : : : : of this abs pipe and if some of the plumbing pros here : : : : : : could give me(us) more info on the situation. : : : : : : My B-in-law used a plumbing contractor who still : : : : : : has a well established business to plumb the homes : : : : : : 10 years ago. That plumber recalls a problem with certain : : : : : : abs pipe but cannot offer any real information. : : : : : : Any help would be great!! : : : : : : And keep up the great source of info and resources : : : : : : that you have here. It is good for all; homeowners/ : : : : : : renters and plumbing pros! : : : : : : James : : : : : : [email protected]: : : : : James,: : : : : I have not heard of any problems with defective ABS pipe, : : : : : I will attempt to find out any info I can, let me know : : : : : if you find out anything. : : : : : We have had a lot of problems with defective polybutylene : : : : : pipe, blue underground, grey inside t :::: WE ARE ALSO HANING SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE GREY PIPE IN OUR 1995 DOUBLE WIDE THE PIPE IS COMMONLY KNOWN AS QUEST I SAW A COMMERCIAL ON TV ABOUT A LAW ACTION YOU COULD TAKE BUT MISSED THE 1-800 NUMBER AND NEVER SAW IT AGIAN HELP

• #309488
                                                                                        Avatar photoJames Fasso
                                                                                        Participant

Viewing 41 reply threads
                                                                                      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This