DEFECTIVE ABS PIPES

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives DEFECTIVE ABS PIPES

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Can anyone tell me how I can determine if the Gable pipe in my home is defective? We have not had any problems in the past 11 years, but the buyers of our home have cancelled the contract because the pipes are Gable and were manufactured in 1985. I need to prove that they are from a good batch. There must be some sort of test or information on this…

Participant

: Can anyone tell me how I can determine if the Gable pipe : in my home is defective? We have not had any problems : in the past 11 years, but the buyers of our home have : cancelled the contract because the pipes are Gable and : were manufactured in 1985. I need to prove that they : are from a good batch. There must be some sort of test : or information on this…

Participant

: Can anyone tell me how I can determine if the Gable pipe : in my home is defective? We have not had any problems : in the past 11 years, but the buyers of our home have : cancelled the contract because the pipes are Gable and : were manufactured in 1985. I need to prove that they : are from a good batch. There must be some sort of test : or information on this…Joy, I am sorry to hear about the fact that your contract is on hold. However if you are able to get hold of the manufacturer of the pipe back then, it would be nice if they were still in business and get a data sheet from them on the product. As well it may well be that they will be anxious to suppor the quality of the product if it is in fact a good and reliable manufactured pipe or piping system. It will be in there interest perhaps to give you this information if it is available as I am noticing a very big swing in your part of the world to sue for faulty product. Even if it is a few years old. I am sure that my Colleague from the USA who also answer questions on the nett will know the product and may very well be able to direct you to a contact. All the best Colin Dunn

Participant

: : Can anyone tell me how I can determine if the Gable pipe : : in my home is defective? We have not had any problems : : in the past 11 years, but the buyers of our home have : : cancelled the contract because the pipes are Gable and : : were manufactured in 1985. I need to prove that they : : are from a good batch. There must be some sort of test : : or information on this…: Joy, : I am sorry to hear about the fact that your contract is on hold. However if you are able to get hold of the manufacturer of the pipe back then, it would be nice if they were still in business and get a data sheet from them on the product. : As well it may well be that they will be anxious to suppor the quality of the product if it is in fact a good and reliable manufactured pipe or piping system. : It will be in there interest perhaps to give you this information if it is available as I am noticing a very big swing in your part of the world to sue for faulty product. Even if it is a few years old. : I am sure that my Colleague from the USA who also answer questions on the nett will know the product and may very well be able to direct you to a contact. : All the best : Colin Dunn

Participant

Hello Joy Im having the same problem, but I do have some broken pipes. There has been moneys set aside for Gable abs. If I were you I would have them replace your plumming. Tell them you cant sell your house because of their plumming. There is a wed site to get information, the address is http://www.abspipes.com or you can call David Birka-White in Alamo 510 838-2090, I talked to Lucinda Cambell in his office and she helped me out. There is also a hot line you can call 1 888-644-7473. Go ahead and check out the web site there is alot of information. Also it probably is bad abs because, between 1984-1990 is when the settlement is for. The best of luck to you Joy, I know Im going to need it. John

Participant

I have located at least one leak underneath my home caused by the gable plastics pipe. The inspector is coming Monday to inspect for other leaks using a water test on the plumbing system.Has anyone out there had an inspection on your home and found leaks under the house ( Under Foundation )?If so, has the class action suit fixed your problem to your satisfaction? I am concerned that gable wount identify all the leaks and call it good. Any suggestions on how I might protect myself from being unsatisfied from the results of this class action will be appriciated. Please send email to me with your ideas and thoughts. Thanx Sam

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This