Loud noise

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Loud noise

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I posed this question earlier but did not have an opportunity to get back on the net until now. Hope someone can help. Every time someone flushes the toilet, we hear a loud bellowing noise as soon as the tank is finished filling. I can get the noise to stop if I pull up on the float in the tank when the tank is nearly full. The noise seems to be coming from the thing where the water comes into the tank. Any help would be appreciated because the noise is so loud, it wakes everyone up at night.Thanks, Monica Gause

Participant

: I posed this question earlier but did not have an opportunity to get back on the net until now. Hope someone can help. Every time someone flushes the : toilet, we hear a loud bellowing noise as soon as the tank is finished filling. I can get the noise to stop if I pull up on the float in the tank when the : tank is nearly full. The noise seems to be coming from the thing where the water comes into the tank. Any help would be appreciated because the noise is : so loud, it wakes everyone up at night.: Thanks, Monica GauseMonica,If the noise stops when you lift up on the float ball I would think that the problem is a defective toilet fill valve (ballcock). The easiest way to fix this is to replace the entire valve with a new one.KenKen Goldman, MP President Kenco Plumbing & Heating, Inc. 13220 Wisteria Drive, N5 Germantown, MD 20874 USA 1-800-58-KENCO fax 301-990-0056 http://www.kencoplumb.com========================================= | Setting the standard for PLUMBING SERVICE | to residential and commercial property managers | for the TWENTY FIRST CENTURY! **************************************************************

Participant

: I posed this question earlier but did not have an opportunity to get back on the net until now. Hope someone can help. Every time someone flushes the : toilet, we hear a loud bellowing noise as soon as the tank is finished filling. I can get the noise to stop if I pull up on the float in theThe rubber washers in the fill valve are worn out. To replace them you must turn off the water supply located at the wall under your water tank. Disassemble the valve where the float arm attaches, normally three screws hold this part of the valve together. take the washers and the top of the valve to the hardware store to the plumbing department and the sales clerk will sell you the parts that you need to repair the valve.Hope this solves your problem.

Participant

I am doing an assignment for my 8th grade health class. One of the questions I have to write a report over goes like this(Explain the effects of loud noises on ones health.) I am having probablems finding the answer to this question,can you help??Thanx Amanda

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This