Definitions needed

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Definitions needed

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

We are helping our friend find definitions needed for school and are having problems.Please help…..1 Recirculation main 2 Recirculation valve 3 Recirculation pump 4 Direct siphonage 5 Vent stack 6 Stack ventany assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Participant

: We are helping our friend find definitions needed for : school and are having problems.: Please help…..: 1 Recirculation mainAre you sure you dont mean reticulation main? If its recirculation main then my guess is that it refers to a hot water main pipe in a recirculating system; where water circulates (via pumping or via convection) throughout the system. Cooler water returns to the heating source so as to keep the water hot at any take off point.: 2 Recirculation valveI don�t think this term exists but I may be wrong.: 3 Recirculation pumpIn a pumped circulation system (eg. For hot water) this is an inline pump that keeps the water circulating throughout: 4 Direct siphonageThis is Self-Siphonage. In laymans terms, a solid column of water (completely filling a pipe) will tend to suck the water-seal of a trap out via its own momentum.: 5 Vent stack : 6 Stack ventStack Vent is the term. The part of the stack that extends beyond the highest fixture to atmosphere.: any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Participant

: We are helping our friend find definitions needed for : school and are having problems.: Please help…..: 1 Recirculation main : 2 Recirculation valve : 3 Recirculation pump : 4 Direct siphonage : 5 Vent stack : 6 Stack vent: any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Colin, Good morning, I hope you and the members of your class are well and I will endeavour to give you definitions that will help in the school assignments that you may be involved in.Main: Gravity Main: A main through which water, sewage or stormwater flows under the influence of gravity.Reticulation Main: A network of pipes to which service pipes of individual properties are connected.Rising Main: A main through which water or sewage is pumped at pressure.Stormwater Main: The conduit including stormwater pits, vested in the Regulatory Authority, for the conveying of stormwater.Trunk Water Main: A water authoritys water main for conveying water from one area to another arera.Water Main: A conduit or pipeline vested in the water authority and constructed to convey potable water supplied by that authority.Potable Water: Water that is suitable for human consumption.Stack Vent: Is the extension of a discharge stack above the highest connected discharge pipe.Vent: A pipe provided to limit the pressure fluctuations within a discharge pipe system or to encourage the passage of gases.Pump: A mechanical devise generally driven by a prime mover, and used for raising fluids from a lower to a higher or for circulating fluid in a pipework system.Colin I hope that this list will be of help to you and your students. All the best to you Colin Dunn.The definitions were contained in Australian Standard 3500

Participant

: We are helping our friend find definitions needed for : school and are having problems.: Please help…..: 1 Recirculation main : 2 Recirculation valve : 3 Recirculation pump : 4 Direct siphonage : 5 Vent stack : 6 Stack vent: any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Here is some useful information I have found while surfing the net.Atlantic Group, Inc. P.O. Box 218630 Houston, Texas 77218-8630 Phone: (281) 578-0366 / Fax: (281) 578-0368 Booth #: 520mailto:[email protected] Recirculation Valves protect centrifugal pumps from damage that may occur during low-flow operations. When the system demand drops below a predetermined flow rate, the modulating bypass in the Automatic Recirculation Valve opens and maintains the pump minimum flow rate. This rate is maintained even if the flow through the main valve is completely shut off. Applications include boiler feed and cooling water plants, Petrochemical and Cyrogenic applications, Potable Water Supply, Water Injection, Shipping, Booster Pumps, and many other procession applications. Special features include simplistic design, direct-acting modulating bypass, and compact self-contained design.Sizes range from 1 inch to 24 inches, including ANSI Class 150 thru 2500 lb.http://turbolab.tamu.edu/pcorppg/pc1187.html

Participant

I Need A Definition of what each color means Ext. Green Means ______Just the Main colorsThank you for your timeFrom Adam

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This