Reply To: Instant hot water for shower

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Instant hot water for shower Reply To: Instant hot water for shower

Participant

Sylvan:
    I was not going to respond to your drivel, but thought better of it. Being “fourth year” in plumbing does not preclude me from being LME in electricity. For your information, GFCI’s will trip if they are 200 feet from the moisture it the ITEM they are PROTECTING is in a hazardous state. And that hazardous state may be a perception by the GFCI computer that there is more power going to the device than is being used. Nuisance trips are a fact of life with GFCI’s and that is why they are installed where they are accessible. And it is the reason why I never install several outlets on one GFCI, (thus the user does not have to hunt down the tripped one to reset it). You sound like the old man that complained that his GFCI at the lavatory kept tripping every time his wife used her hair dryer in the bathtub. And if the original post is stated correctly, they were talking about a POU heater that attached to the shower arm. In that case my original statement stands. That anything with that amperage and voltage attached where the user is in close proximity, AND in the presence of water MUST be protected by a GFCI. In addition that GFCI would have to be located where it could not be reset from the bathtub/shower. AND given the touchy nature of GFCI’s it would nuisance trip frequently. As for pools, the outlet must be a GFCI. The light is not accessible to the user and the socket is well grounded. Any other application, such as a spa or “jacuzzi” bath does need a GFCI. Stick to subjects you know, if there are any.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This