Reply To: Instant hot water for shower

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Instant hot water for shower Reply To: Instant hot water for shower

Participant

SylvanLMP,

If only you were correct all over the country. In my area (South Florida) my comment stands true.

This was my reason, as quoted from my other post, “and have never found one installed properly”.

I cannot, in good faith, recommend any product which I always find improperly installed. It may be a workmanship issue, but if the quality workmanship force is not available, do not install it.

Your chest thumping digs are coming from someone who recommended: (among other eye openers)

– 4psf lead for use in a pan where a python was to be living and students handling the python and cleaning the pan. Nothing like trying to kill them with lead poisoning.

– that no one set their water heater below 140° f in a residence. Even though it is known that hot water which is 140 degrees will produce 2nd and 3rd degree burns in less than 5 seconds, water which is 150 degrees will produce 2nd and 3rd degree burns in about 1 1/2 seconds, and water which is 160 degrees will produce 2nd and 3rd degree burns in about 1/2 second. One gets the impression (can assume?) from that post of yours that 180° f would be a good hot setting, guess it doesn’t matter that is almost instant scalding.

Your comments are typical of those from LMP’s who try to defend their territory without regard to everything else related to those decisions.
    [Edited by Jerry Peck on 16 November 2000]

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This