Reply To: Teeing into old steel pipe

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Teeing into old steel pipe Reply To: Teeing into old steel pipe


Bungie the fitting you just described is called a “Dresser Coupling”
The problem with this type of fittings is most stumble bums who would resort to this type of repair would never spend the extra bucks to use a riser clamp on either side of it.

The Origional “drsser” company made a quality product but this is not the case with the cheap imports

Also We use a “Dresser” coupling on
a gas supply line BUT this has certain restrictions like being insulated and made to certain specifications.

I have found a lot of the cheap imports also fail causing lots of water damage BUT hey to each his own.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This