Reply To: Slashed sprinkler system PVC pipe

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Slashed sprinkler system PVC pipe Reply To: Slashed sprinkler system PVC pipe

Avatar photoGarySlusser

    You’re talking about Fernco fittings and IIRC, they are not to be used for pressure lines. You can buy 5′ lengths of sch 40 PVC at any Lowe’s etc. or hardware store.

    The PE tubing (rolls of 100′) can be used if you glue threaded adapters on the cut off broken line ends and screw the threaded by insert (barbed) fittings into them before tightening the hose clamps. That works if you can lift the line some to get a bend into the PE tubing. That means you have to dig up the line more than most anyone wants to though.

    The compression/glued repair couplings made for PVC are the best choice for repair of pressure water lines that can not be moved to allow repair with a regular coupling.

    Quality Water Associates

    Pin It on Pinterest

    Share This