Reply To: Replacing service shut-off valve

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Replacing service shut-off valve Reply To: Replacing service shut-off valve

Avatar photoracefanone

    Tommy ,the pipe you are going to put the compression union on might be out of round and THE UNION MIGHT NOT SLIP ON .Ford Meter Company makes all kinds of compression adaptors for all types of pipes.Ask your local plumbing shops if they stock Ford adaptors.I use them all alot on lead water services that can not be shut off,saves digging up the main supply line.These adaptors have a rubber sleeve in them ,which will allow them to fit on irregular or out of round pipes.Works for me. You can make up the new shut off valve on the other end of the adaptor,open up the new valve ,cut the line ,slip on the adaptor and tighten it up ,shut off new valve and you are done.

    » This message has been edited by racefanone on 16 April 2003

    Pin It on Pinterest

    Share This