Reply To: costs

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing costs Reply To: costs

Participant

How much do Plumbers cost? This is a relative question that is determined by many factors.
    First off in answer to your direct question, experienced journeyman plumbers cost me in the range of $25.00 to $52.00 an hour. This is what it costs me to have an experienced plumber in my truck. This number reflects the cost of the plumber to the plumbing company, only, and does not cover anything else.
    So a plumber showing up at your door will cost the company, 1.) The labor charge of that employee, 2.)Overhead which will include all monies spent to get that employee to your door. Examples are shop mortgage, phones, electric, tools, tool repairs, commercial insurances, liability insurance, workmens comp. ins., fuel, truck payments, truck repairs, cell phones, uniforms, office help, accountants fees, attorneys fees, marketing expenses, yellow page ads, flat rate books, managers salaries, my salary, organizational fees, payroll taxes, bad debt expenses, etc.
    3.) Profit must be added or I might as well work for somebody else. Now you can save alot of money if the company you call does not have many or any of the above overhead items. Like Insurance to protect you from catastrophic results, or commercial truck insurance or maybe you can find a company that only pays their help half of the going rate or you might find a company that has no trucks, hardly any tools and never ever pays payroll taxes, They are out there and they will not tell you what they do not offer for your protection. Some of these guys do not even have a contractors license. But you know what? You can save alot of money using them.
    So, Instead of asking How much do Plumbers cost?
    What you should be asking is do you have a contractors license to protect my assets if you make a mistake, or Do you have workmens comp coverage?, in case one of your employees gets hurt on the job in my house so I do not have to pay for his medical coverage. Or do you pay your employees a livable wage so that when they come over to my house they are not disgruntled workers looking to scam me

» This message has been edited by TheLocalPlumber on 17 June 2002

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This