Reply To: Sylvan HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Sylvan HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Reply To: Sylvan HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Participant

In reply to message posted by Larry Lansing:
    As a welding instructor at a local tech. college for 32 yrs.all I care to say is Sylvan you know enough about welding to be dangerous.Welding should be left to the pros,just like plumbing and heating.You my man are way out in left field.

Professor Larry, thank you for the insight you gave everyone on my mistakes in “welding”

I am now positive from your posting that folks can honestly appreciate the knowledge you have passed onto others in the last 32 years as evidenced here.

You are a credit to all the technical staff working along side you in your local school.

I can fully appreciate your explanation of preheating and cool down periods and how to use flux as a guide to proper temperature guide lines.

The professional remarks and your guidance is why more and more folks are able to hire highly skilled mechanics with instructors such as yourself as educators.

Personally I honestly found your quoting from as AWS codes to be very refreshing as you managed to back up your claims with written facts.

Yes, 32 years as a professional instructor was self evident with your highly professional posting.

You sir are a credit to your parents and fellow professionals trying to make a better society with education.

Thank you sir and may you continue with another 32 years of YOUR teaching ability you have shown on here.

I like that you did not get too technical but the sound advice was second to none

The most important aspect of your guidance was the remarks about having a qualified fire watch standing by with the proper extinguisher and how to set the gauges same pressures and less then 15 PSI acetylene and the use of checks to prevent blow back of flames going back to the regulators. < A real Gem and a classic

I had no idea until you explained the idea of the hottest flame being at the very tip of the cone and the feathers are great for preheating.

The 3 flames you did describe did show me and everyone how important it is for someone like you to have been an instructor for 32 years.

I did not fully comprehend the lengthy article you did write with how to mix certain fluxes to get a better flow out of various rods and which diameter rod you had suggested.

About adequate ventilation according to OSHA 1910 and AWS guide lines I do understand the importance you did bring out.

But in my defense sir I did not spend 32 years in a class room setting and thus had no access to the expertise you have near you as it is so obvious by the folks you hang with as they too are professionally motivated.

Again Larry and your brother Moe I cannot thank you enough for telling me about NIOSH guide line for the proper eye protection.

You guiding me to MSA products for fume protection was a real eye opener and again Larry that in itself showed me what I am dealing with when reading your magnificent post.

Thank you sir and may you never think the 32 years you spent doing God knows what was ever wasted.

A true professional and a credit to all thats you.

I was curious about one thing if you don’t mind?

You said welding should be left to the pros

Well considering I was paid as a welder and I went to several welding schools to better myself and I even taught welding to journeymen and helpers at what point does one become a “pro”?

I always though if I was good enough to be licensed and paid as a licensed individual that in itself would at least qualify me as a professional.

But I guess your correct after I only know from actually being in real life conditions and not protected in a school environment

I guess that “welder” who said I was wrong also was your ACE student huh?

Please keep this posts coming as I enjoy learning what is really out there in America “teaching” others

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This