Reply To: POLYURITHENE FOAM COATING TO ROOFS

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing POLYURITHENE FOAM COATING TO ROOFS Reply To: POLYURITHENE FOAM COATING TO ROOFS

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
Participant

To Jerry Peck & Silvan. This Polyurithene coating was introduced in this area in the early eighties, at the time I distinctly remember Quoting on several roofs for replacement. One was aprox $5000.00 and the other about $6000.00, I dipped out on both & for an exercise I requested a quote to coat the roof on my own home & I also calculated a costing to replace that very same roof.
    The Foam roof worked out to be within $50.00 of my calculations.
    The application of foam took aprox 1 day & did not invade to a great degree. The removal of the roof was invasive & took several days.
    People around here rushed to get this Foam applied.
    Within 1 year the repercussions started, I have now seen roofs that I wouldnt traverse.
    I believe this product should never been allowed to be applied as it has a direct contribution to the degradation of the substructure & also is then dificult to remove.
    I believe that if, I as a licensed Plumber/Roofer applied this product, then I would be fully responsible for any damage I caused under the Queensland Building Services Licencing system. I believe that this product has as much to answer for as Termites, as it degrades the buildings it is applied to from the top down.
    Any more input would be greatly appreciated?

Regards Bob

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This