Reply To: POLYURITHENE FOAM COATING TO ROOFS

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing POLYURITHENE FOAM COATING TO ROOFS Reply To: POLYURITHENE FOAM COATING TO ROOFS

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
Participant

This is the real Bungie? not Sylvan in disguise?
    Bungie. the problem is that the sheets are 21m long, the foam was originally sprayed around the penetrations but subsequent spray repairs have meant that the sprayed area is up to 5 pans out from the support frames & from the ridge to below the a/c penetrations, these areas are up to 11m long & 4 m wide, the a/c supports are also rusting as are the a/c ducts. So you see it is a major job & there wouldnt be enough edge sheets to rob from.
    My problem is that I believe that this product should be banned as the applicators are outside the QBSA (not licensed) and the products characteristics (soaks up moisture) is specificaly against the manufacturers recomendations. As I said in my earlier post there is going to be a monumental claim sooner or later, I believe it should be a class action by every property owner who has had the product applied to their premisses.
    Bungie. Tutt Tutt, we get slycoons up here but the last one to hit Bowen was in 1958, you get hit every year by prety good storms yourself, your storms are of a shorter duration but are every bit as destructive & more often, Our storms we have to batten down with plenty ofXXX on hand.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This