sluggish flushing

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing sluggish flushing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi – our toilet is sluggish when flushed and as a result often requires multiple flushes to clear solids. If I throw a bucket of water in bowl it flushes ok so I figure there is nothing clogging the drain. Just seems like there is not enough force sending the water in. We have replaced the fixtures in the back of the tank a while ago – but we have always had the sluggish flush issue. What’s the scoop? Do I need to replace the whole thing?

Participant

Try this
          Make sure water is up to mark in tank about 1″ below overflow tube
          Check flapper and see if it stays up long enough to leave out water if not ajust it.
          Check the flushing rim with mirrow and clean out holes with bent coat hanger
          if you have jet at bottom of bowl clean it out.
          Check and see if flapper leaks put egg dye in tank and see if it comes in bowl do not flush
          Make sure there is nothing in hole between tank and bowl, thats all you can do except buy a new bowl if this does not work, let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

If you have a “American Standard” toilet wth the smart flush 200 valve there is a chance the bowl won’t syphon(empty) properly for two reasons; 1. As previously mentioned your water level isn’t high enough or 2. you floater valve is set too high. The floater valve is the small yellow neopren disk which is attaced to the flapper valve chain. If this disk isn’t as close to the flapper valve as possible the tank won’t empty itself completly, therefore won’t flush right.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This