LEAKING SHOWER PAN

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing LEAKING SHOWER PAN

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 24 years ago by Avatar photoSylvanLMP.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

NEED INFOR ON SHOWER PANS I HAVE ONE THAT HAS BEEN LEAKING WHAT MATERIAL IS A SHOWER PAN MADE OF FIBERGLASS OR PLASTIC? HOUSE WAS BUILT IN 1980 DO SHOWER PANS TEND TO CAUSE LEAKS AND WILL IT COST ALOT TO REPLACE? ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS RUSS

Participant

Hi Russ, I still (like most professional plumbers) install a lead shower pan using 4 PSF sheet lead and YES it cost a lot BUT then again it does last 50+ years so I guess it really isn’t that expensive after all huh?

Anyone can make a plastic shower pan or even install a CHEAP fiberglass pan.

Anyone can go to a home center and even a clerk can even explain how to install a figerglass/ plastic shower pan, BUT for longevity I either custom make a pan out of sheet lead Or use a Terrazzo base with a caulked cast iron connection.

I like longevity and feel folks spend a small fortune for their investment so why use cheap quality materials that are prone to failure?

Qualified Labor is expensive materials are cheap.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This