Reply To: Toilet Flushes

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet Flushes Reply To: Toilet Flushes

Participant

Some of the water saver commodes as set to have more water in the tank than is allowed through for the flush. This is not a flapper adjustment, it is a design choice the manufacturer made.

I have a Kohler with a tank like this. There is so much water in the tank that you can hold the flush lever down (so the flapper does not close) and get a complete double flush (flush, bowl refill, flush and bowl refill) from one tank. This is not recommended, but I found this out by doing some experimenting on ways to make this flush better because it does not give a good flush. If you have a stoppage and hold the handle down, you will overflow the commode, so definitely do NOT do that.

My conclusion: If you want to correct this condition, replace the commode with a different model (which may have a different flushing problem). This is in our hall bathroom, so I left it, least I get a worse one when replacing this one.

This is one of the seemly consistent problems with many water saver commodes. They just do not flush well.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This