Reply To: New Electric Hot Water Heater Not Working

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives New Electric Hot Water Heater Not Working Reply To: New Electric Hot Water Heater Not Working

Participant

: Last Sunday, I got up to no hot water. Had no way of knowing how old mine was but knew the element had been replaced 3 years ago. Changed the element but the gasket around it was eaten up…bought a new hot water heater from Sears. Finally got it installed. Still have no hot water. Did finally find that the breaker was kicking off and the electric wire was very warm leading to the tank. Bought a new electric breaker. Also had to switch the wiring on the hot water heater…that was wrong and not the breaker. Still have no hot water. Breaker is not tripping now and the electric wire is not warm anymore. Have hit reset button to no avail. Have temo set on thermostat to 140 degrees. : My main question is do I need a plumber or do I need an electrician??? : Please help ASAP. Thanks! either one will know what or how to fix your problem but the plumber will most likely have parts if required. good luck and quick end to cold showers

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This