Reply To: Circulator pump in hot water central heating causes hum throughout hou

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Circulator pump in hot water central heating causes hum throughout hou Reply To: Circulator pump in hot water central heating causes hum throughout hou

Participant

Thanks for the considered replies, folks. They are appreciated.

To answer a couple of your questions, the circulator pump is an “Armstrong” model Astro 50. The date code is “1298”. The sticker on it says 1.0 Amps, 110 W, 3000 RPM, and it says it has a working pressure of 140 PSIG. There is also a rating on it of Class F – 10 mu F (?).

The furnace itself is a Slant/Fin model “Galaxy”.

I don’t believe the furnace and the heating system are as old as the house — there are areas in the basement where it is apparent that there used to be a hot air “gravity flow” furnace stove in the basement kind of setup.

Parts of the house are still served by older, heavier radiators with older, heavier pipe, while newer additions to the house are served by very modern, German-looking thin radiators.

I do not see separate temperature/control valves going off to separate parts of the house.

The pump appears to be very solidly mounted in a run of pipe. It has the words “Do not install with motor above or below pump body” and in this respect it does appear to be mounted properly.

As an aside, I did notice a leak at one of the radiator valves today.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This