Reply To: Sump Pump Smell

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Sump Pump Smell Reply To: Sump Pump Smell

Participant

DFM1, well it looks like your inquiry, or my response to your inquiry, has stirred up a hornets nest.

My response to Sylvan’s criticism regarding the nomenclature of the rubber units used to make the ports in the pumping pit lid gas tight is that he is correct. They are called grommets. Sorry about that. I am not a plumber, but I have personnally installed a “plastic sump pump pit” in my home, and it is functioning perfectly with no odors. Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc. manufactures a unit which they call a “plastic sump pump pit.” If Sylvan has never heard of such an item, well I don’t know what to say except that now he has. Installation of a sump pump pit is not all that “technical.” This is not rocket science.

In regard to all of the other responses posted to your inquiry, there was not a single one that offered any positive suggestions to help you. Even Sylvan’s rather verbose response did not reveal any wisdom, or help you in any way. If he would expend as much energy in answering your question as he spent on denigrating my reply, he would truely be rendering a service. The same holds true for all of the other plumbers that responded.

I have left Sylvan’s response on the Bulletin Board so that you can refer to it. I have deleted all of the other messages because they provided no help of any kind to your inquiry. I would appreciate a response from you as to whether or not my reply to your question was helpful.

John W. Aldrich (Septic Tank Yank)
    List moderator
    Septic System Consultant
    All-around Good Guy

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This