Reply To: What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink??

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink?? Reply To: What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink??

Participant

It is still a bit low for a drain cleaning job, but may be average for your area. The plumber will do the same thing but with his knowledge, he will do it properly. 7-8 feet is not enough. You will usually have to go as far as the closest bathroom to unplug it. They may have rented you a snake for a main line, which would be too large for a sink drain. What is your profession? I was working on a job, once, where we left the house on a Friday, Monday was a holiday, and when we returned on Tuesday, the wife asked if I could clean the sink drain. She said her husband had been working on it Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and still had not completed the job. It took about 30 minutes to do the job and make the additional incidental repairs. As I was finishing, her husband arrived and asked if it was fixed. When told, “Yes”, he said he had just rented the largest wrench the tool store had was was all psyched up to spend the evening working on it again. Sometimes it is cheaper and easier to leave the job to the expert. Especially when you have to invest money in rental equipment that you cannot be sure will do the job.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This