Reply To: What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink??

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink?? Reply To: What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink??

Participant

You were absolutely right about the snake I bought. It was way too skinny and it did absolutely nothing. I took it back and rented a larger snake for $20/4hrs. and tried that for awhile. I put this snake in about 6-7 ft. and it came back absolutely clean…??????….the water is still not draining. We are absolutely baffled. We’ve tried everything we are able to and now we think the problem may be a root or something growing deep deep inside the pipe. I really don’t know anymore. You were also right about the plumber…they don’t charge $40..it’s actually 75$ plus GST..yikes!!! plus transportation costs!!! is this normal??? am I getting ripped off??? it sounds like what the plumber will do is the same thing I’ve been trying to do myself for the last 4 hours with the snake…this seems extremely high or am I just out to lunch on what plumbers charge??? Maybe I’m in the wrong profession…thanks for all your help…sorry if I sound uptight..I’m just tired and frustrated..
    Pam

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This