Reply To: What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink??

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink?? Reply To: What is the appropriate liquid to use for a plugged up sink??

Participant

Thank you so much for all your help..everyone who wrote in. Since I posted this I took apart the trap myself…a male friend helped with the muscle part…and found nothing more than a knife in there. The rest was completely cleared. I tried the dishwasher again and it still has problems draining and both the sinks fill up with soapy water when it’s trying to drain. I checked through this website and also with some guys at a hardware store and they suggested that the problem is with the pipe that goes into the wall. So…armed with new knowledge thanks to this website I went to look for a ‘snake’ and found a $20 one. However, it’s very skinny and now I’m wondering if it will be any good as my pipes are quite a bit wider. ( Also…I am now wondering if I should give up the attempt to learn how to do this myself and just call in a professional. For $40 dollars I could save myself a lot of trouble.) I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again!
    Pam

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This