Reply To: Proper P-Trap installation?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Proper P-Trap installation? Reply To: Proper P-Trap installation?

Participant

Yes I do. I was the master plumber on record for a large plumbing firm that covered from Huntsville to Galveston and Katy to Baytown. Conroe adopted the UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code). Once you are outside the City limits there is no one code enforced. As a licensed professional the plumber is required to do his work by one of the codes but it does not matter which. Also in the County area (outside city limits) there is noone to pull a permit from or inspect the work. I would reccommend getting ahold of the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners, TSBPE (http://www.tsbpe.state.tx.us/)
    It is required for all plumbing companies to put the address and phone number to TSBPE on the front of their invoice. They should have a field rep that covers the Woodlands and Conroe area. Get ahold of them and they will steer you in the right direction. The following is my opinion. It is possible that the Home warranty Company and the Plumber are trying to make more money. At one time my firm had done alot of work for Home warranty companies but it had become painfully obvious that we would lose money doing the work unless it was work that was not covered and the home owner was responsible for payment. The warranty companies set an extremely low fixed rate to pay a plumbing company for covered work. Try TSBPE it is your best bet on getting a straight answer.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This