Reply To: Fiberglass Whirlpool Bathtub Leak – Standing Water Only!

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Fiberglass Whirlpool Bathtub Leak – Standing Water Only! Reply To: Fiberglass Whirlpool Bathtub Leak – Standing Water Only!

Participant

Place water into the tub, but below the piping for the jet intake let it sit, see if you get a leak from below.

If not then VERY slowly start to fill the spa and watch under till it starts to leak. Stop the water straight away. Now here is the part you are not going to like, leave the water in the tub until it stops driping, you then know the level in the tub that the leak/hole is and can look at it from there.

Over the years I have come across this problem and the cause was that the weight of the water pushed the tub down, but the trap was sitting on a beam under the tub, having no movement the tub pushed the plug and waste up and let water in under the seal.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
    Try visiting ….
    Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This