Reply To: BRADFORD/WHITE ELECTRIC WTR HTR

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing BRADFORD/WHITE ELECTRIC WTR HTR Reply To: BRADFORD/WHITE ELECTRIC WTR HTR

Participant

Wow, thats a strange one.
    I live off well water, and I frequently get pockets of air in my cold water if my girlfriend runs too much laundry.
    I keep a pocket of air in the storage tank for back pressure…(old system..) and if the well pump cant keep up with the demand I lose some of my air pocket into the system.
    You can get air from the well too if your riser is rusting out and has pinholes in it.
    You may be only experiencing the problem on the hot side only because of a leaking ballcok or something else that bleeds out the air pocket on the cold system where you dont notice it, but the heater tank will build up with air and make it more noticable.
    I doubt it has anything to do with your heater!
    the anode shouldnt cause any air pockets at all in its deterioration, but I guess there COULD be some kind of chemical reaction in its breakdown that would cause the formation of gasses inside the tank…but i’ve never heard of gasses getting built up enough to create such a noticable pocket.
    you can shut off the toilets overnight and see if you have a little air in the cold system in the morning…this would tell you that you have a passing ballcock and that the air is from the well.
    I would check for leaks first. put a guage on your cold water system right before bed and make note of the pressure. Shut off the main valve coming into your house. Check the pressure again in the morning BEFORE you run any water and see if the pressure has dropped off . If it did, then you have a leak somewhere.

If you do get it figured out, post the sollution.
    I’m curious.

» This message has been edited by Bruce T on 06 June 2002

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This