Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 174 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Water Heater Problem #297535

    If your water heater is electric, then your lower element is burned out and needs to be replaced so you can get back to having a full tank of hot water again.

    in reply to: Shower head leak #297487

    I would say it is your best intrest to call a plumber that does repair work and have him fixt it.

    The only way you can thaw plastic pipes out underground is with a steamer.

    Many cities up in our northern parts of the United States and some drain cleaning companies have steam geneators with hose and nozzles to thaw frozen storm sewers out.

    The steamer will work on plastic water and sewer pipes but; the service person has tobe very careful not to get to close to the pipe when it is incerted into the ground.

    in reply to: Vibrating drain pipe #301207

    If you don’t have any pumps on the plumbing system, a plumbing pipe could be comming in contact with part of the homes heating/cooling system duct, thus creating the problem.

    You will have to search around for any pipes comming in contact and put in the proper pipe hangers to secure them better.

    in reply to: Vibrating drain pipe #301205

    Are you on a well with a pump?

    Or, do you have city water?

    in reply to: Water Heater #301615

    Maybe you can change out the valve without much water comming out if it is pluged enough in the bottom of the heater.

    Once you replace the plastic valve with a Ball Valve and short nipple you will want to take along screwdriver with the ball valve open and poke around inside until the water flushes out the deposits in the bottom of the tank.

    in reply to: Does the moderator of this list ever read it? #297437

    Im not a moderator but I sure would like to know what posting/s on this page you are looking at.

    There are a number of very good plumbers here and most of them always direct the home owner to a licensed plumber when they get in over there heads null

    in reply to: Quote #301320

    Get some estamates from at least two licensed plumbing compaines, jobs can greatly vary.

    in reply to: Use of glycol in hot water system #297425

    I would say you better protect it from freezing, you should also ask about other possible methods.

    in reply to: Thermar Tankless Recommendation #298476

    I’ll do a new post so you can see what our Cooperative has to say.

    » This message has been edited by PLUMBILL on 05 December 2006

    in reply to: Thermar Tankless Recommendation #298473

    “The Rest of the Story”

    If you will e-mail me your fax number I will send you some very interesting facts about tankless water heaters.

    I would only have a tank type water heater in my house.

    in reply to: water gurgling #297421

    We need alot more information on the type of heating system you have?

    in reply to: Frozen Pipes HELP! #297420

    Yes, replace with Raychem heat-tracing system that is self-regulating and automatically adjust the power as needed.

    It’s safer and you can even insulate the pipes.

    in reply to: How to chlorinate a well? #297397

    It is better to use the powder chlorin that is used in swimming pools.

    You should call your County Health Department and they can give you all the information you will need todo a safe effect job.

    in reply to: H2S smell #297395

    I have never replaced my anode rod but I do drain a bucket of water out of the drain valve about every other month and have flushed the entire water heater out a few years ago.

    My house was built in 1970 and the mfg. date on the water heater is 1969, that makes it an easy 36 years old.

    It’s a natural gas 30 gallon tall boy Day/Night heater and it only cost me about $7.00 U.S. dollars a month to operate for the wife & I.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 174 total)

Pin It on Pinterest