Leaky pipes inside shower wall

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Leaky pipes inside shower wall

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I had used the services of a reg. plumber to renovate the bathroom incl. a new shower 6 months ago.It was a tiled shower with the copper pipes and mixer inside the wall. The other side of the wall is the lounge.
        I have now observed that the other side of lounge incl. carpets being soaked with water by way of leak inside the shower wall. We called the plumber who did this job but has not turned up after made aware of this problem. He also refuses to answer his phone when messages are left.The plumber has conveyed thru his family that he is not interested in doing it. We feel frustrated for the reason to break all newly completed expensive renovations to detect the leak . We have contacted insurance company but they do not cover the cost to find the leak .
        We know about tribunals and Fair Go but want to know is there any binding on reg. plumbers for the work they carry out and the concerned plumbers association / council authority where we can take this matter.
        Any help will be much appreciated.

Participant

apms

Hard to give you advice when we cannot detect which Country etc where you are from as there is no indication on your post. Please advise and we may be able to offer you some guidance on this problem.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Was this Plumber licened are was he just a handyman.Here we have a Union and a Master Plumbers organization. All Plumbers have to have Lic. and all work should be on waranty. All work needs a Permit taken out. Did you have one. Where was this work done, and I will tell you who to see. Call the city Plumbing Hall, the better business Bearu, and if he was Union call the Union hall. Let me know. There are so many of these guys that say they are Plumbers, since the box stores openned up every body is a Plumber, I served an app. for 5 yrs. and am retired now but got 54 yrs. at trade.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Thanks for your reply.
              This job was done in Auckland Nz. by a licensed plumber as he said, though I do not have the details.
              Had checked with local council before work and as it was just renovation to existing dwelling did not require a consent.

Participant

I would suggest in the first place you should address your concerns to the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board, P O Box 10655, Wellington and give them your Plumbers name and details and seek their advice. You should also check through their web page to establish if the Plumber concerned is in fact registered and practicing with a current licence.
                I am sure the Board will guide you along the correct route to resolve your problem.
                Let me know how you get on.

Selgas Services Ltd
                Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This