Telescopic interior drain pipe

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Telescopic interior drain pipe

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Is there any type of drain pipe that is code approved for interior use that telescopes? I would like to utilize it for the drain from a toilet that is in a cabin where the cabin raises and lowers no more then 2′. I want to use the telescope inside the structure and not outside. If you know what might be available please give me a source. Thanks. Mike

Participant

Mike, which mysterious force causes the cabin to raise and lower 2 feet?

Participant

Use a couple of PVC expansion joints, they expand about 1″ each, let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

The cabin is on floats and raises and lowers as the river does. I would like to telescope 24″. Hope someone can help me.

Participant

You might be able to make one out of 4″ and 6″ pipe, fittings and “O” rings.

Participant

Mike, I do not believe that such a fitting is available. PLUMBILL’s suggestion may be possible, but I think that it will leak during rough water conditions, and this Rube Goldberg approach will allow sewer gasses into the cabin.

I think that a flexible connection should be made outside of the cabin and under the water. Reduce the outlet pipe to 3-inch and connect a section of flexible RV plastic sewer hose. You can purchase the various fittings to complete the connection at a RV supply store.

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 16 May 2006

» This message has been edited by John Aldrich on 16 May 2006

Participant

John’s way would be alot better, my way would be to costly and ridgid for your needs.

If you have a mobil home dealership in your area they would also have the parts you need.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This