Do Australian Faucets fit American Fittings?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Do Australian Faucets fit American Fittings?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I’m thinking of purchasing a faucet off ebay that comes from Australia. Does any one know if it will be able to be compabible with North American fittings? Thanks for the help.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

linda lovelace, Australian taps have a 5/8″ female thread for the SBA or wall stop to screw into the wall stops are 5/8″BSB male iron.
          all other connections should be 1/2″ BSB.
          Bob

Participant

Bob

From my experience in the States most of their plumbing fittings are our equivalent of 1/4 inch as they fit isolating valves under every tap outlet.
            I also think you wuill find that our Plumbing fittings are all threaded in BSP and the Americans are all in NPT which is not an easy conversion to couple to.

Selgas Services Ltd
            Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

If that is true why bother buying it everytime you have trouble you will have to contact someone over there, dont buy it. We have some good ones here, maybe you can find one here that looks like the auzie one.

Art retired plbg

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
              Participant

Art, we are nice people though so any contact is appreciated.
                Pete you are right it is BSP not BSB.
                Bob

Participant

I don’t know about faucets from down under, if it’s from China it will most likely work for awhile, I sure replace enough of them with Moen or Delta faucets.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This