Losing hot water

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Losing hot water

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      David Jonas

I live on a slab and have my hot water heater set around 120 to 130. I have “hot” water in the kitchen and wash room, but when it get to the master bath and guest bath it’s luke warm. What can I do to help this problem. I thought about a circulation pump, but I didnt know if it would help.

Retired plbg1
      Participant

Sounds like you could use a pump. They make a little one that fits under lab. and you get hot water right now. I woul put it on the closes lab. that will help your shower.

Art retired plbg

john_pepper
      Participant

I had a pump in the house whenI first moved in, but it leaked and it was so damn loud too. How that help push the hot water to the back of the house?

Retired plbg1
      Participant

Was it a hot water circulating pump. If it was then put in a new one.

Art retired plbg

john_pepper
      Participant

In reply to message posted by Retired plbg:
      Was it a hot water circulating pump. If it was then put in a new one.

No, it was used to keep the water pressure up. Which is another story. I get 45 psi in and I have 2 prv’s, but pressure sucks

Retired plbg1
      Participant

Are you on a well. Why do you have to PRV in the system.

Art retired plbg

john_pepper
      Participant

When we first bought our house we didn’t have a PRV, we just had a pump to keep pressure up in the pipes, but it didn’t work. I called the country water company and they informed me that if I had more than 35 psi I am doing good. The PRV was to put in to push the psi higher, but it didn’t work. I had the County test the pressure one day and had 45 psi coming into the house.

In reply to message posted by Retired plbg:
      Are you on a well. Why do you have to PRV in the system.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This