water pipes

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water pipes

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

hi, first since replacing the washers in the taps the pipes all bang,,, and secondly my hot water now looks dirty can anyone give some suggestions i am more worried about the dirtly looking water

Participant

What happen is one of the washers came loose and is vibrating, check it out and the vibrating cause the sedement in pipe to get loose and turn water dark for awhile, also open drain valve on WH and make sure the water is clear, Let me know. Also your water pipes should be more secure to joists.

Art retired plbg

Participant

hi thanx for the help but no it didnt do anything. so im looking for any more info thanx all
            also the noise is more like a cough and splutter before the water come out and then at the beginning of the water emerging…

» This message has been edited by dlouise on 19 September 2005

Participant

Sounds like you have air in the lines, run the water for awhile and see if it stops, also did you drain WH and see if water is dirty comming out of drain, WH could be full of sediment. let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

i would like to thank u so much for ur help we are going to completely empty the hot water cylinder on the weekend and see if that helps… much appreciate ur help i will get back to u…

Participant

thanx so much the noise has gone but the discolouring of the water is still present.

Participant

Does the cold water flow apear dirty as well or is it just the hot? Are you on mains pressure or a supply tank/valve arrangement. It could simply be that the pipework is old and rusty and since you have done some work on the taps you may have increased the water flow thereby dislodging the rust scale in the pipes – it will clear eventually if that is the case. If you have mains pressure and the water apears to be cloudy when it is running – fill a glass and you will see it settle and clear – this is just the air in the water under pressure and is a very common thing and nothing to worry about at all.

Selgas Services Ltd
                    Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This