Plumbers Putty

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Plumbers Putty

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • #277598

      I have a leaky screw type copper water pipe joint. I was wondering if any one could tell me the putty that is used to seal these joints?

    • #296650

      Pipe dope and/or teflon tape is used on threaded connections.

    • #296651
      Retired plbg1

      There is no type putty that I know but you might try the Box store, Only way to fix that is solser it are cut piece of the pipe out and use a new nipple and cut thread on existing pipe and put back together with a union, of course the Box stores might have and easyer way but I am telling you the Plumbers Way.

      Art retired plbg

    • #296652

      like Cin said, pipe dope or teflon tape are the only materials used on threaded fittings, plumber’s putty is only used for setting fixtures on porcelain/metal such as sink basins and faucets.

    • #296653

      Thanks guys, you have been most helpful.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This