Hi strangers, flexmint question

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Hi strangers, flexmint question

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all, long time no been here

I have finally run out of flexmint, I know its been off the market for years now since it kills the plumber, but I have heard there is a replacement on the market, but I cannot find out any information …… So anybody help ??

of course my spelling may be wrong as the tin has been rusty and discoloured for years.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.

Participant

Hi there
          I take it you have been using Fleiment for pipe sealing water and gas joints??? if you want a good sealer for gas joints then loctite 529 is the only way to go these days – RAZ is another but it a lotuse. As far as water pipe joint seals go I run with hemp and graphite mostly and use threadseal tape on plastic fittings – have not had any problems to date.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Its the green paste from the UK I’m talking about. It was taken off the market because it had asbestos in it.

Same stuff ??

Participant

Yup same stuff allrighty and guess what I still have some as well !!!!

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

Any idea’s where I can purchase some, either online or via surface mail some where i the world ??

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.

Participant

Bungie

The things I do for you Auzzies!!!! Flexment pipe jointing compound is/was made by Kelseal Ltd, Hemel Hempstead, England – I have hunted the web sites but have not been able to locate them at all – given the health risk that was attributed to this product maybe they have dissapeared from the marketplace.
                  Geez I could bring you some over when next I visit my Son in Brisbane perhaps.

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

You have family here ? Were in Brissie ?

Felt sure the supplier here said that the company now made a simular product with out the death side effects, but I cannot find it either.

DISCLAIMER

Participant

Son lives in the Brisbane area known as Chermside and yes we hop over the creek a couple of times a year.

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

I’m out the other side of town, Kenmore.

He a Plumber or did he get a real job

DISCLAIMER

Participant

Bungie

Nope he NOT a Plumber – he saw the light!!!! in fact he builds race car engines and that kinda thing!!

Selgas Services Ltd

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This