Waterlines

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Waterlines

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I need to replace a leaking polybutyl pipe that runs from the meter to the house. One plumber recommends copper pipe while another recommends “black poly”. The copper is more expensive. Which is the most dependable? I don’t want to go thru this again 10 years down the road.

Participant

If the pipe is less than 10 years old, (or 11 if you want to say that it leaked last year), call 800-356-3496 and let them replace it for you.

Participant

Make sure to stop by Polybutylene.com to see the many solutions we have to offer. You may want to think about a CPVC alternative. It is less expensive than copper and very durable as well. Send me an email if you have any other questions.

[email protected]
            [Edited by Polybutylene.com on 16 March 2000]

Participant

On the top of this page you will note “PLUMBVIEWS” Click on it and see some of my articles LIKE THE ONE ON Feb 4th . There is NO one magic product in plumbing as there are many various water conditions .
              In my personal opinion Plastic is GREAT for lining Garbage pails But I would never consider exposing my family to this garbage for domestic water. Good luck . WHY dont you contact the CDA and give them a sample of your water.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This