Painting Plastic Bathroom Wall Tile

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Painting Plastic Bathroom Wall Tile

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I would like to know if one can paint plastic bathroom wall tile? If so, what kind of paint, what are the results, etc. I want to do this in one of my bathrooms only if it looks very professional when Im done. Otherwise, I plan to pull off the plastic tile and replace it with ceramic. Can anyone tell me if they have had success with this? Thanks

Participant

I doubt that you could paint it and make it look good. But then, it must be almost 50 years old so you have gotten your usage out of it. Take it out and replace with a good ceramic installation.: I would like to know if one can paint plastic bathroom wall tile? If so, what kind of paint, what are the results, etc. I want to do this in one of my bathrooms only if it looks very professional when Im done. Otherwise, I plan to pull off the plastic tile and replace it with ceramic. Can anyone tell me if they have had success with this? Thanks

Participant

I have seen that paint job done and believe me it does not work,The paint will start to peel. Ive seen every other system you can imagine used in showers and over baths but its hard to beat professionally installed ceramic tile. Good luck!

Participant

Ive been trying to source plastic wall tile (long story difficult to convey, own funky old house). If you remove your tile, can I have it? Do you know of any sources for plastic wall tile? (Esp. pink/white swirl and gray/white swirl, with black trim/accent tiles.)

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This