dishwasher clogged?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing dishwasher clogged?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Thanks for taking my query. I have a Kenmore UltraWash II dishwasher. Could not get it to drain last night
        although the machine was running. I don’t think the spinner was operating either.

I thought the drain might be clogged so removed the spinner and found a 1/4 hex screw in the center of the housing. I tried to remove this with a socket and wrench brace, but it feels like it is turning from underneath. I’m guessing the whole mechanism turns around this hex screw.

Am I approaching the problem correctly? It could be that the pump is shot but wanted to clear the drain first in case that is the problem.

Thanks for any help…
        Mike O’Hara

Participant

Try removing the hose from the waste and blow HARD back down the hose, this sometimes dislodges the blockage

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or
          will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This